Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Just Real Quick

~~~


Nobody slept much last night, and we're all pretty happy to see the
sun. Ro had a CT scan and full x-ray done last night, which was no
small task. When a PICU patient gets moved, the PICU portable version
goes with them. She has a lot of pain but is managing it with a
morphine pump. This morning an MRI is scheduled to get a complete look
at her spine. I can't begin to tell you how much it means to us that
you all care so much. We really feel it. Ro is going minute to minute,
ice chip to morphine drip. Its really really hard. She knows you're
our there pulling for her, and I can tell you it means a lot to her too.

Sent from mobile


~~~

9 comments:

FlapScrap said...

Thanks for the details. Just infinitely hitting F5 all night feels pretty impotent. I know you've got other considerations besides your journalistic duties, but any info on how she looks, whether she's awake, asleep, talking, how's the jello, etc., is most welcome. They say knowledge is power -- probably doesn't apply to those of us hanging over our monitors, but at least it feels a little like power. Just, um, stay out of the sun. You got a hat? Wear your hat.

LMP said...

What Kevin said. Soon, my employer will realize I'm doing no work, but just checking this blog. I will be summarily fired and so I'll be able to go up there and help out in any way possible.

Emily said...

Keith is currently getting some much needed rest. I just heard from mom; she and Ro* are en route to the MRI right now. I'll let you guys know when I have more details.

2PeasInAPod said...

Thanks for the update Em....

My thoughts, prayers and much love are with each of you.

mustluvdogs said...

Now is when I wish I had a fast forward button I could press for all of you and especially Ro* clicking on the play when she is healed and pain free. I am praying you through to that time.
Janet

LMP said...

Thanks Emily. I just tuned in, was disappointed not to see any news and thought "maybe they're sleeping." I hope Ellen can get some rest soon, too. And Ro!

Emily said...

Just heard from my mom that Ro* is feeling "great!!" She had some ginger ale and it made her day. The fever she had earlier today is now gone and she is wiggling her toes. Good news all around right now. KP and I are heading over to the hospital shortly (so I'm sure he'll send an update himself a bit later).

Johnny said...

Great to hear she is feeling better!

DCificare said...

Wiggly toes! Oh man that sets my day back on a better track.
Wiggle, Ro*, wiggle.
-Harvie