Thursday, April 02, 2009

Day 3

~~~

Hey y'all. Had a decent night, relative to the night before. That's
easy for me to say. Ro has had an increased amount of what the medical
community calls "discomfort". This morning marks the start of third
day post-op. She has a lot of work to, and it has already begun. Just
before the 7:00am rounds and shift change, she was rolled onto her
side and her dressings were changed. Next, her bed was placed into a
slight sitting position. Dr Abel had her try to bring her knees up to
her hips. She almost made it. Lots of pain. In addition, she has
started breathing excercises to combat the I'll effects of morphine,
and she'll start eating semi solid foods, like yogurt, today. Big
day. I'm writing from the cab of the mighty mighty F-150 in the UVA
parking garage. I'll head for home and pop in at work then return for
the afternoon. The outlook is good and we keep reminding Ro of the
near future to get through the present. When I last asked her what she
needed, she asked if I could find a Time Plow.


Sent from mobile


~~~

4 comments:

LMP said...

I know, I know, she's doing well and she's a tough kid but this is still just breaking my heart. I will spend the day in search of her time plow. Or some pixie dust. Everyone here is thinking of her. Seriously, my co-workers have started checking in.
xoxox

mustluvdogs said...

Sounds like the medical community needs to find a way to decrease that "discomfort". They do have drugs other than morphine. Just a thought as an alternative to a time plow. This is when they need to stay on top the pain.
Love you all--trying to "beam" healing thoughts to Ro*.
LABLJW

*pal said...

You go, Dad. Keep that baby girl comfy. Sending love and best wishes to all of you, especially Ro* xoxo - Paige (LMP's friend from FL)

Anonymous said...

so hape