Wednesday, August 20, 2008

42 & 44

~~~










"It is absurd to argue that the nomination or an election of Barack Obama would be as important a historical event as the liberation of 3 million slaves after the bloodiest war in American history, that took 600,000 lives and set the South back a century. As for the civil rights movement, that completed the emancipation of people of color, and has dramatically affected American politics for a half-century. Barack Obama's election would be about as significant to US history as Jackie Robinson's appearance at second base was for the Brooklyn Dodgers. Yet that, according to liberals, was the most important event in the history of baseball. This whole exercise testifies to what Lenin called "an infantile disorder" of the American left. Give it a rest."

- Pat Buchanan said that












April 15, 2008: The Dodgers pay tribute to Jackie Robinson by wearing his
number, 42, before their baseball game against the San Diego Padres in L.A.













Washington's Ray King, Willie Harris, Lastings Milledge, from left,
all wearing No. 42, unveil Jackie Robinson's number on the Nationals
Park outfield wall. (By Pablo Martinez Monsivais -- Associated Press)



This cover made possible by
Branch Rickey and Jackie Robinson.




Give it a rest.




~~~

4 comments:

FlapScrap said...

this post kicks ass, but how about a date and venue attribution on the buchanan quote?

Anonymous said...

hay flaps crap ets ther I jes clickd on his naym and got to the thing

LMP said...

Pat Buchanan can always be counted on to say something inflammatory. It looks like Mother Jones just threw him in the mix there so they'd have something different in one of the responses. He pisses me off, though. I bet if I held up 2 pairs of shoes and asked him which one I should wear with my outfit he'd find a way to tell me I'm a closet lesbian and call my mom a bitch. To which I would respond "yeah, I like the brown ones, too."

Keith said...

HEY! Mom's not a bitch!