Saturday, June 14, 2008

A Conspiracy of English Majors

~~~


June 13, 2008


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
Washington
1 6 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
7 10 1
Seattle
1 0 2 0 2 0 0 1 0
6 15 0



MEDICATED BOARD OP: Good morning, WAMU.

CURMUDGEON: Yeah, hey how doon. Listen, you just said on air a coupla minutes ago that The Washington Nationals lost last night in Seattle.

MBO: ... ok ...

CRMDGN: ... when in fact they won last -

MBO: uhhh ...

CRMDGN: -night see. They're few and far is all and -

MBO: What team was it that, uhhh, when do you think you heard this?

CRMDGN: When do I think ... they - listen they WON 7-6 last night. Not lost. I know it's an NPR affiliate I'm talking to, but you do know there's a difference, right?

MBO: Thanks for your call. I'll uhh, see what I can do.

CRMDGN: I know you're busy. I'll let you get back to listening to the network story about petting whales. Hello?




~~~

1 comment:

FlapScrap said...

How to start a fight:

"When do you think you heard this?"