Sunday, April 20, 2008

Russia Invades Turkey From The Rear! Greece Helps!

~~~



This pic looks like bad Photoshop. Incredibly, it's real.



News is so much less . . . I dunno . . . boring, when they got pictures to back it up. What if I told you that

AIRPLANES ARE EQUIPPED TO WITHSTAND LIGHTNING STRIKES AND NEARLY EVERY PLANE GETS STRUCK WITHOUT PROBLEMS AT LEAST ONCE A YEAR.

You maybe didn't know that, so it's news-ish, but not terribly entertaining.

Is this a good news headline?:

IT RAINED A LOT IN WASHINGTON DC TODAY

Lord knows it's true, but it's kind of boring. How about this:

LIGHTNING STRUCK TWO PLANES NEAR DC TODAY BUT NO PROBLEMS RESULTED

Ok, ok . . . little better. Kind of interesting, but still not really news. What? You say you've got VIDEO?!?


Hint to my mom: Cleek on the peekture ^

Awesome. CNN didn't even bother to add voiceover, because who cares about details? If you want the nitty gritty, you got to watch WJLA TV in DC.



Since nobody has been hurt by such an event for more than 45 years (including today's events), the story was really about the fantastic footage of the planes being hit by lightning. The only trouble is that the money shots were filmed a couple of years ago in Osaka and Sydney.







Am I being petty here? Tell me, please. Because I can get pretty petty. Maybe I'm just pointing at this so that you won't look at that.




~~~

5 comments:

LMP said...

NPR has been doing a series on the rising cost of food. The stories highlight the facts that there have always been a lot of people who cannot afford food and now there seem to be a lot more of them. Meanwhile, I complain about the junk in my trunk while baking chocolate chip cookies with my kid. I see your point here about the newsless news sensationalizing a non-event, but I have to say, it provided me with a welcome break from my conscious.

Uncle Steve said...

...your conscious WHAT??! LMP don't leave us hangin' like that!

LMP said...

Fucking homonyms. My concsious conscience.

Anonymous said...

once I dru a peeshur of two fucking homonymphs

sunglasseshurtmynose said...

Plane strikes lightning as man bites dog and bank robs man. News at 11.